Monday, February 23, 2009

The Life

Being unemployed brings out the declutter bug and poor man's interior design in me. That being moving furniture from room to room. I found an old list of "to do's" and weirdly I had already done a lot of them. (it was an old list) Currently I'm researching how to tone down a paint color that is already on a wall. Obviously I need a job.

I have a feeling I will get a job interview soon. Not because I have this awesome resume and the economy did a masterful rebound. It's something much more simple. I have a cold sore. In the next couple of days it will look totally sweet. That will be the day I have the interview.

Oh......I found out the REAL reason I lost my job. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why they fired me. Sure....blame it on my performance. Yes I suck at writing up bank deposit tickets (because that is SO hard) Well, I was driving by the place last Thursday and what do I see? The car of the lady that had the job before me. Yes, she is back. Seems things didn't work out in Nevada for her husband. The work dried up (he's a union electrician). After some sleuthing I find out that she emailed the owner to let him know that she is coming back to town and if he see's her resume online that's why. (huh?) That's nice. I get canned the next day. (she's done this thing before) I was really pissed that my co-worker (who I consider a friend) didn't tell me this until I prompted her. Even getting that information was hard. People say I have a lawsuit, but I'm not interested and I think that's a pretty weak and frivolous suit. I feel better knowing that I'm not a complete failure. I'm pissed they made me think I was. That is cruel.

I also found out that the economy is starting to hit them where it hurts. Can't say that I'm unhappy about that. Actually it makes me smile and think happy thoughts. Especially when the owner of the company is all consumed by money. It does suck when your life is all about money and nothing else. Sure he can preach about looking towards GOD in hard times. I don't buy it in his case. He doesn't have a spiritual bone in his body. Everything he does he looks for validation from GOD. With every check he writes to a charity he thinks it's one more gold star for him. With his preaching of his love and comfort of GOD he thinks he get's another nod from above.

I don't think it works that way. Then again I haven't been "born again" with the new rules.

I have to volunteer now! Which is going to get ME a new pound on the scale. I just can't turn down a good pancake(s) with my daughter at school. Life is hard today.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Oh, in England that would constitute unlawful dismissal. Threaten a lawsuit, and they would pay you hush money equivalent to one week per year of service.

I hope your theory proves true.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home