Monday, November 02, 2009

neighborhood ladies (part 1)

I met Abbey when she moved into our neighborhood. We got along great. She was funny, sarcastic and seemed like a good person. We met after I gave birth to my second child. At the time I was going through post-partum depression and didn't even realize it.

We walked about 3x a week and complained about everything on those walks. Husbands, kids, neighbors we didn't like..you get the idea. It was perfect for someone who wasn't happy. Let's rip apart everyone else and be happier.

Soon Cara moved into the neighborhood. Abbey dropped me like a hot potato and Cara was her new buddy. To say I was hurt is an understatement. I didn't get it. What did I do? This was probably one of the best things that happened to me though. My husband had a talk with me about my attitude and my being miserable all the time. I didn't realize how crappy I was treating him and everyone around me. I turned things around that day and never looked back. My home life got much better. (actually great).

The neighborhood life sucked. We used to have happy hours in these days. Go to someone's house, drink, eat apps and be merry. At this one happy hour I was having a great time. Then Cara walked by me and gave me daggers as I was talking to my friend's brother. Later I went into the dining room and found Abbey and Cara gossiping and talking smack about me. They looked at me like a pile a dirt and kept on talking. Later all the neighborhood ladies were in a room laughing and laughing and I felt like I didn't belong.

I walked out of the party and quit the neighborhood.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home