Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On the sly

When one has no money to spend one must find other things to occupy their time. Things like getting rid of shit. Accumulated shit. I decided to takle Christmas Crap today. We have so much Christmas Crap it isn't even funny. I was down in our basement for 15 minutes and have tossed the following:

Their arms are broken off. They are creepy

Their heads fall off every year. Notice the toothpicks!

To throw things away in our home you have to do it on the sly. For example this dog.
I think someone won it at a fair. Our dog has attacked it. It's has dried slobber all over it. No one cares about it and it was never a favorite of our children. I've tried to throw it away (put it in the garbage cans in the bedrooms) for 3 weeks now. My father always empties those before I get around to it. Every week I find it on the floor next to the garbage can. Today I put it in a bag and threw it away in the actual garbage can outside. We will not be safe until the garbage men take the can away in their truck. My father is known to go through our trash. He has gotton very angry at my husband for throwing away old paint cans with 1 cup of paint in them. He likes to leave his mail and important papers over here and then yell at us for throwing them away.

Which brings me back to the Christmas Crap. I hate this shit. It usually breaks in a year or two. Which is good reason to throw it way. Nope. It can be fixed. Fixed with glue, wood putty (his favorite) or tape.




He buys things like this:


The Wonderland Bear Band. Notice the instrument is broken. It is supposed to be a trumpet not a horn. It cannot be fixed. Trust me on that one.

The big ass snow globe that doesn't have snow. Notice how some of the pieces are "loose". Yeah, real nice. Now I bet I can take that cover off and fix it, but why?

The above two items only fit on the floor or the fireplace hearth. They are really pointless. The big question is .....Can I throw them away (or donate) without my father knowing or getting angry. He means well, I get that. I don't see a reason to keep something if I don't like it and it gets in the way of the vacuum. The kids don't play with the above. Strangely they still play with the fisher price nativity people. There is joy in that. Even I play with it.

Maybe my father forgot about the Wonderland Bear Band. Who am I kidding? He has the mind of an 8 year old. He remembers everything. Except to take his mail and important papers home.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home