Sunday, November 08, 2009

neighborhood ladies (part 3)

So I'm feeling "out of it" with the neighborhood. It bothers me. I've talked to no-one about this. A little to my husband, but he's a guy and thinks girls are all blown-out-of-proportion-drama. He's pretty much right on that point.

I was the neighborhood organizer of luminaries at Christmas time. The neighbor's gather at your home where you have a ton (literally) of sand, hundreds of bags and candles and you put them all together and line the streets with them and light the whole product Christmas eve. None of the skanks came. If I recall some of their husbands might have helped. The kids are all there (donuts, hot chocolate and coffee helps) and it really is a fun time. One of the "group" came down. Her name is Kate. For some reason I opened up to her at the end of the festivities. I felt I could trust her and all of us were organizing a drunken New Years bash (my damn idea...when things were good) and I needed to see if she knew what the fuck was going on. Funny thing is she felt the exact same way as me. Yes, things were too clique for her. It was a very abstract conversation. Not too detailed, but I felt better.

The New Year's Eve party. I guess it was fun. I stayed sober and everyone else got rip-roaring drunk. Abbey showed her tit to someone, people where sloshing liquor every where. It was extremely cliquey. (cara wasn't there because she had a baby sometime in December) At one point Abbey and Sara pulled me into the hallway and started to rip into Barb about the hole in her ceilling. I walked away, because seriously, yes seriously, who the fuck cares. So now Barb is on the shit list for some reason or other. I can't deal with these weirdos.

I refuse to stoop to their level. I decide it's easier to be nice then to be mean. I just don't have the energy for that. I don't socialize with any of them, but I always have a happy face and act like I like them. It's actually quite fun.

Months go by. Now Cara is being nice to me. See above. I just nod my head and be nice. Seems Abbey has dropped Cara just like she did to me. Oh, really...what a fucking surprise. Cara hates Barb. Oh really, why? Cara bitches and bitches. I love it. I just eat it up. One day Cara admonishes Abbey's daughter at the bus stop for telling secrets with Barb's daughter in front of Cara's daughter (got that?) Abbey calls her up after school and lays into her. Calls her all sorts of names (in a mental breakdown, crazy way) and that's the end of that friendship. (till this day)

Did I mention Cara hate's Barb. Hates her just like Abbey hated her in the beginning. Very jealous of her, her kids, her money, her material things etc. Cara decides to tell Barb every bad thing Abbey ever said about her. Because she hates Abbey more than Barb. Now Barb hates Abbey.

During this time I started running. Kate and I train for 5k's and hang out a lot. (Kate is my best friend in this neighborhood as she is today) Unlike the bitches, we don't even gossip about any of this shit on our runs. It's just that stupid and boring.

We still hang out with Cara (because she is hysterical and is a lot of fun) and I guess we all kind of form a clique. Cara hates Sara too. (some other nieghbor) I like Sara. Always thought she was nice. Cara didn't get invited to Sara's 40th b-day and that was it for her. None of us got invited. Who cares? Well Cara did. She was bothered by the innane things in life. Sara just kind of went away and was shit upon.

Cara still hated Barb. Barb this, Barb that. Barb, Barb, Barb. All things Barb. I hated Barb because I was sick of all things Barb. Negativity wears off on you. Sure she lied a lot, bragged a lot, that really isn't my problem. That shit always catches up to you.

Poor Sara though. She was really hurt. Long story short, I pulled a "Cara" and told her everything. Kate agreed with me (couldn't be there) but the three of us had had it with the stupid crap.

To be continued: (it's almost over. I'm so bored with it now. I will finish the story.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home