Thursday, November 05, 2009

Crap part 2

I have been decluttering since I've been laid off. I can't tell you how many large, medium, small bags of clothes have been donated to the Salvation Army and Goodwill. It's been a lot! I was picking up all the stuff that ends up on the dining room table (aka the junk room) and I of course I got side tracked into what the fuck is in all these drawers. (china cabinet, side board) More crap. Candy dishes, candle sticks, various silver (real and silver plate) items, appetizer trays, light bulbs, china, holiday stuff etc. You name it, it's in there. There are more appetizer trays and crap in the basement. Most of it is stuff from my parents. I don't need 15 appetizer/cheese/olive trays. I definately don't need candy dishes. Seriously won't a pretty china bowl do?

My next "to-do" is to finally get rid of this type of crap. Anything in the basement is on the donation list. Anything that I haven't used in the past year is "outta here" (in an Harry Kalas voice) Gone. Why am I holding on to this crap. I've watched enough "Clean House" and "Hoarders" to know that it is crap. Crap someone at Goodwill or Salvation Army might love or need. I don't have enough patience for ebay or craigslist to actually sell this stuff.

I might take a picture of the crap though. A slice of America you could say.

Someday I will finish the Nasty Neighborhood lady story. I know the ending and I believe I (and others) have come out winners .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home