Monday, April 24, 2006

Day 1

Detox...so far so good.

This morning I was waiting at the bus stop with child #1 when running partner #2 ran by. She was going on a 3 mile run and wanted to know if I wanted to join her. Sure. Got out of pj's, quick stretch and went running for a "slow" 3 mile jaunt on two cups of coffee. Then it started raining. Ok I can deal. At mile two it was a downpour. After that the thunder and lightning came into play and somehow it rained harder. Slow was out and fast was in. If I were alone I would of ducked into shelter. We didn't. We got back home in 30+ minutes. I never got the final count since I'm watchless. She claimed it was about 3.2 miles. I knew she was clueless. By the time I got inside the tv was warning us to stay indoors because of the severe thunderstorms. (a little better notice next time would be nice) My friend called. We ran 3.84 miles in 8:43 pace. What? Not bad eh? I had to stop at 25 min for a quick walk and squeeze of the shirt. But I'm impressed that I hung in there.

Funny story:

Me: "You like my Nicole Richie sunglasses?"
Hubby: "You look like Lauren Bacall"
Me: "I do?!" (thinking "wow I'm so hot and my husband is so nice)
Hubby: an OLD Lauren Bacall
Me: Throw paper towel at him and exit stage left, wondering how the hell he got me?

What's even better is that Lauren Bacall (and Ben Kinsley) were on the Sorprano's later and we got a pretty good laugh at the whole episode. It was one of the best epi's I've seen in awhile too.

So that's it! Have to get my dear daughter to Brownies and take an hour walk with child #3. I want to power walk, but child #2 will want to ride his bike with us and since he refuses to part with the training wheels it will be a slow walk with a lot of complaining. (unfortunetly he takes after me)

3 Comments:

Blogger Triseverance said...

Great job, I was rolling at the scene where Christopher "mugs" Lauren Bacall. I mean come on how over the top is that. And then he is kicking up to Tody with stuff from the basket. I am still shaking my head and laughing.
I am giving last weeks episode the edge however, but next weeks looks awsome, god I love that show.

2:59 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

8:43 pace???? You have nothing to fear from me EVER kicking your um, butt!! Like never ever!! :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

A brave 3.84 miles, if you ask me.

My favorite set-up line:
Me: You look like a model.
Victim: Really? Thank you!
Me: A "before" model. (Not the "after" ones.)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home