Saturday, April 22, 2006

Where is the bug?

Do you know how I can find it? I'm looking for the "running bug". He/she seems to have left my home and is now living at my neighbor's house. Can I steal him back? I'm so jealous. Not of her accomplishments, weight loss and the ability to kick my ass now...I just want the desire back. She looks awesome (lean like a real runner) is doing tempo runs (her "they are so fun!" me--"what?!"), is training for a marathon relay, then a half marathon and after that a full marathon in disney world. Have I mentioned I'm jealous? Not of the marathon, just of the joy. I had that joy. I had it last year. I just lost it in the month before the half. I NEED it back.

I've been running 3 miles in under 30 for the past two weeks. I haven't attempted 4 miles, b/c I'm not used to needing water during my runs. It's been so warm (80) that I'm sweating like crazy and getting dehydrated after 3 miles. I need to up my water intake before runs also.

Next day:

Ok. I had to quit the post b/c there was a fight of some sort b/twn all the kids. Ugh.

I've had time to think of where I was and how to get back there. Detox is the answer. I've been eating crappy and this is the first change I have to make in my life. No more alcohol (w/the exception of a party next Saturday), no candy, cake, bad carbs etc..water, water, water. I need to do longer slow runs. No more ironman timing watch. It's gone. Or if I have to wear it no more splits. Run routes where I have no idea where mile 1 or mile 4 is.

My friend mentioned above ran a 5k yesterday and has not beat my PR time. There is still hope. See I haven't lost my competitive spirit. It's still there under the brownie I just ate.

I'm back.

6 Comments:

Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Yay for return of the runner!

As for your kids, perhaps instead of using the time honored "Life isn't fair" you need to resort to "tell me what is fair" haha! That will teach them!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Triseverance said...

Weather or not you were really ever gone,(somehow I dobut it), Welcome back.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Zara said...

It's still there under the brownie I just ate.

Lol! I think mine's under there, too!

Glad you're feeling more motivated. :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

My desire to run has waned a bit over the past few weeks as well. Is it the nice weather that's making us so?

I'm still looking for my brownie.

12:09 AM  
Blogger neca said...

I find that my enthusiasm goes in cycles. When its low I tend to do more walking, weight lifting, bike riding, whatever. The running bug always comes back and I come back to it refreshed. Gotta keep it fun!

6:22 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Re-read my post on why i love running. :)

I'm telling you, the answer (for me) is to run x # of minutes (increase weekly) and yes, forget about miles. For now. well, that was my answer anyway.

Always here to help. :)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home