Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Humidity and updates:

Run...she stayed ahead of me on the hill. She stayed ahead of me the whole time. Today I was on her tail by the time we were down to our last 1/4 mile. Very fast pace home with high humidity. Thought it was just me, but she ran to the creek bed to vomit after we were done. (finished at 9:15 a.m!) No vomit though. To cool down I jumped in the pool (the swim team was practicing in) in my running clothes. Yes, it was awesome and so worth the car ride back home.


update :

Trouble child has been kicked off the team and sent away to live with grandparents for the summer. Seems she thought the swim lane was her personal space, ran/yelled/splashed into a boy. Short story even shorter, he ran from the pool and the coach finally caught up to him somewhere in the parking lot. The mom is feeling super guilty for sending her away, but that was the punishment agreed upon after my daughter was bullied. You can't go back on punishment threats. I've learned that lesson.

Father thinks the team overreacted. His daughter told him that she just told the boy to move. I guess in his reality she doesn't lie.

I keep researching this disorder and there is no magic cure. Pills, punishment, hospitalization...it seems to be a work in progress disorder.

I think my youngest is a piece of work. I can still (and I do) use the excuse "he's 4" Which, in reality is lame excuse, now that I have typed it. He's 4 which means he can't ride his bike around the neighborhood by himself, can't go off the diving board without me watching, must sit in a car seat, etc. He's 4. Which means he can get away with saying "you look beautiful mommy"and melting my heart. Some things he does...no. You can't always win, you can't keep having temper tantrums when you don't get your way and you have to be nice to the cat.

I think David just wants to be a big kid like his siblings. Doesn't get why he can't do all they do. Favorite line is..."but i'm four mommy!" Exactly!

Before he was born I wanted to name him Calvin. Yes, for Calvin and Hobbes. My husband said "no." For this simple reason. My husband has issues. (though, that is who Calvin was named after)

My son is Calvin (from Hobbes) You comb his hair, next minute it's sticking straight up. I'm sure
I've seen this
a


At times I've seen it in full frontal nuditity.

This winter I'm expecting something along these lines



1 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

I'm glad she's off the team. Maybe the time away will help.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home