Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Running against me

make sense?

Running partner #7 is me 3 years ago. I've met me and I like me. Even though I'm competitive I like running with this chick. We start out faster than I prefer. I can pass her on the hill. />



By the time I get to the top she has caught up to me. The way down I try to keep pace with her, but it's killer. Finally I run at my own pace and the goal is to keep her in my sights.

I did find out that she was trying for an 8:30 mile on the way back and running buddy #1 just informed me that I suck at downhill running. Who knew?

RP#7 knows where all the mile markers are. She checks her watch at each one. (past me) Now I just look at my watch to see when the hell the agony is going to be finished. I need to get up into the higher miles. Since I'm running with her 2x a week that can constitute hill training and running faster than I usually would. I need someone to push me and she is the one.

All in all in the running aspect .... life is good.

2 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

Glad to hear #7 is challenging you!

10:24 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Downhill running sucks - too bad on the pig knees.

Sub-20 min 5K for you next.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home