Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The non-runner

I can't do it. I'm trying, but I can't handle it. Every summer I try and try again, and it's not working. I read this great article on running in the heat. Seems like everyone has problems with it. It affects runners more than people who bike. It affects elite athletes. Though, they manage. Me, not so much.

I opted out of the run Monday. My excuse was the light rain and "aunt flo". Honestly it did look like we might get severe storms, AND the kids were at the pool, AND I didn't want to be 2 miles out if it did hit. It never did. I went to the store during practice and bought tampons instead of struggling in the humidity. To make up for my non-run I power walked for an hour that night with a 5'8" person. Power walking I can handle in the extreme heat. Just not the running.

I'm looking forward to fall and winter.

I was watching a political commercial last night. It was for McBush. Thing is, aren't these ads suppose to make you want to vote for the person. After watching the message I thought to myself "who would vote for him?" (well, other than my husband) If the message was to make me think he is an environmentalist ..... it failed.

3 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

I understand - the heat & humidity are terrible here right now!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way to run in that kind of weather is to get up at the crack of dawn before the sun comes up.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Running in the heat is no joke. Sometimes you just have to walk. No shame in that.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home