Saturday, August 02, 2008

The greening

I've noticed more small cars than SUV's on the road. Seeing an SUV is almost a rariety. (I have an SUV and a small car btw)

On my normal drives home I've noticed more people with vegetable gardens. Some vegetable gardens are bigger than years past. We started our first veggie garden this year. Next year it will be larger and there will be two. One for me and one for my children to cultivate and grow.

Yesterday on my drive home I noticed two homes that had put out laundry lines. May they enjoy fresh smelling sheets. There is nothing better than getting into a bed with clean, crisp sheets.

While grocery shopping I am guaranteed to see at least one (usually more) person with cloth bags. Some day I will post my pet peeve with baggers and cloth bags.

Today I realized I had finally used up all my chemical cleaners. With the exception of "Bar Keepers Friend". I love that cleaner. Anyhow I cleaned an entire bathroom and our kitchen floor with A&H baking soda, vinegar, and some water . My daughter came into the kitchen and asked what smelled so clean.

Today I am taking my children to the coffee house and getting used coffee grounds for our compost. Today the will learn how the compost bins work. Currently they just throw greens and browns in there for me. Now it's time to get them to "turn" the bins for me.

It's been a good week.

Except on the running front. The heat wave(S) are not conductive to running. It looks like I'm back to the Y on the dreadmill and the pool. Better than nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home