Monday, July 14, 2008

My husband is an avid hunter (of ducks) and target shooting. He is a great target shot and I think he might enjoy that more than actual hunting.

I came home from taking care of a neighbor's dog and I see three excited boys in our backyard. Two of the boys run up to me in safety glasses screaming "mommy, mommy, come see!" My husband is teaching our 7 year old how to use the bbgun. The targets are paper plates with actual score lines.

Everyone wants to see mommy hit the target. Let's just say I'm a much better sniper shot than a target gal. Missed the target and hit the wood pile on my first try. Got down into sniper pose and got a 5 (right near the bulls eye). Boys impressed with mommy. I'm all about being a sniper. My favorite "Saving Private Ryan" character is the sniper. Not that I would ever be a sniper or a hunter for that matter.

FYI. I have no problem with hunting. I do have a problem with hunting with a semi-automatic and/or automatic weapon. I have friends who hunt with a bow and arrow. I might have to take lessons in that. I think that ranks up there with being a sniper. You know I'm going to look into that.

The heat wave is back. I didn't run on Monday because it was pouring and I had to work. I'm going to schedule a run early tomorrow on flat ground.

I'm opting out of the July 5k. Even though the run starts at 6pm I can't take a chance on it being humid, sunny and hot. I can't bear the thought of running in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home