Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The F word

I was reading the mason family blog and they had a post about kids and swear words. I have/had a mouth like a truck driver. I used to work at a construction company and saying the F word was almost like saying hello. It was just "fuck this, fuck that, fuck you". No one took offense. Since having children I've gotton much better. "Dammit" is about as bad as we get. Very proud of myself. That is until yesterday.

I was dropping a child off after an afternoon of swimming and going to the grocery store. They live on a hill. Since she was in the back-back of the SUV I had to let her out the hatch. Bam! One of my grocery bags (cloth!) goes tumbling to the ground. The organic lemonade burst and I lost 3/4 of it on their driveway. (the 1/4 left was delicious) The watermelon bouced out of the SUV and sprinted down the hill. That led to a chorus of screams..."Mom get the watermelon!!!" Over and over again. I was more concerned with the lemonade. I've never had organic lemonade. Watermelon. Who hasn't. The kids must not have faith in "mom CAN run faster than a melon". I saved the melon. As I haul the watermelon back I realize when this all started I said "FUCK!"

So much for them not learning that word. They better not repeat it or I'm washing their mouth out with lifeboy (do they still make that) like Ralphie's mom did on a "Christmas Story".

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Not sure if they still make Lifeboy but I'm sure that you'll find a soap(let's be honest,what soap tastes good?) that would be just as nasty..;-)

3:51 PM  
Blogger momo said...

my kids didn't mind it. i took to using cayene pepper. :-)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home