Friday, July 18, 2008

Used too....Not so much now

Get drunk. Get crazy. Be the funniest girl ever.

Now I'm the girl who doesn't get drunk and leaves the party early. This all started with training for the half marathon, and realizing when you are in your 40s hangovers are a LOT worse.

My last serious hangover was around this time last year. I tried to sneak out but they caught me. I vomited in the bathroom (red wine .... which looks like a crime scene) . I tried to clean it up with toilet paper, quit and passed out in the master bedroom. Somewhere before vomiting I was dancing and my bra came off. I think the non-smokers were smoking that night. I pretty sure I yelled at them. Thankfully it was a girls night gone crazy in the house two doors up.

Sooooo. Tonight I'm going to an Indigo Girls concert. It seems we are to get drunk. No one has decided how we are getting home. I'm all about being designated driver. They said no. I'm in preparation mode. I bringing a bottle of gatorade, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and aspirin. I'm purchasing alka-seltzer. I'm taking extra money out in case we have to spend money on a cab.

I know what's going to happen. I'm not planning on getting smashed or really having a good time. I had/have no real interest in going to a concert. I don't even remember the songs these girls sang. Which in turn means I'm going to a fantastic time.

It's always those nights that you plan on having a couple drinks and going home to a good DVD that things don't go as planned. Instead you end up 5 hours later secretly throwing a jerks shoes out of the upstairs window and laughing hysterically. Then you try and play a game of Mexican and quit 5 minutes later because there are too many rules to remember, who can add the dice up and whose turn is it anyway?

I just don't want to be hungover. I want the house spotless when I come home. I don't want my husband snoring. I don't want to have to sleep in the guest room because of the former. I don't want to have two cats decided that 1 am is a great time to play on the bed I'm sleeping in.

Most importantly I want to wake up with a smile and not a headace.

I guess this title can also say the same about my running. Twice a week is good. Once a week is better than none. This week...let's just say the A/C has been running non-stop and I have yet to see any runners on my normal travels. Well, just that one who is Mr. Marathon and it's the first time I've seen him covered in sweat (and shirtless) .

Let's just say it made my morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home