Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation

I've been to beaches everywhere. From Maine to the Keys (excluding the Carolinas....seriously!) Mexico, New Zealand, Ireland, Isreal, Italy, Jamaica you name it. I've been on beaches of rock (Massachusets beaches suck) beaches where there are no waves (mainly Floriday and Jamaica) beaches where the waves are great (Cape Henlopen, Delaware to name one) .

This year we decided to try a whole new place. Well, we were tired of paying 1,000 to 2,000 a week for a crappy house in our normal vacation spot. So we went here. I don't know how I come off in this little blog. Probably like a frizzy haired bitchy complainer most times. Truthfully I'm more of a hippy girl who can't stand the capitalism of the "Joneses". We have found our new vacation spot. I did not see one BMW. I did not see one obnoxious house that screamed "look at me, look at me I'm a lawyer/or politician and mine is bigger than yours". It was entirely a laid back community.

There are no houses on the beach because the beach and surrounding park is a federal reserve. The ocean rocked. (bigger waves the better the beach) The park rocked also. Even my husband mentioned that it would be a great place for a 10k. Next year we are bringing our bikes to tour the entire parkland.

I even caught my husband reading this book. It was obviously purchased for our daughter and not him.

All in all a great vacation!

I also realized how "green" I have become. It killed me to toss produce, veggies and fruit leftovers in the trash bin. I cringed buying bottled water. I was pissed at myself for forgetting my cloth sacks for the grocery store. (they didn't sell them there)

Oh went berry picking with the family yesterday. I make a mean-ass blueberry pie.

David peed in the cat litter box. Yeah, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home