Thursday, August 14, 2008

olympics part two

Last year when Julia tried out for winter swimming there were 4 kids swimming for placement on the team. My son decided he wanted to winter swim this year. There were at least 30 kids trying out for team placement. I guess everyone wants to be an olympian.

T made the silver team! Yeah. Now he and Julia can swim at the same practice. Or so I thought. My daughter wants to try out for the gold team. I'm letting her. She might make it, but I don't see myself driving out to the Y 4 days a week. She also is starting to get a bit competitive. She was talking some competitive "trash" on the car ride after T's swim. Which makes me smile. Maybe some of my dna made it into her body. She might end up being more of a runner than a swimmer. She is so small compared to other children her age and younger. At the swim meets this summer she looked like she was "aged-up" to the older girls events.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Whoops - I've missed a whole lot of your posts.

The swimming on TV has been great - not so great though for those of us folks who have to watch it live at 3am.

What's "shaft"?

Hope more rain headed your way.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home