Friday, April 10, 2009

Slug

Last Saturday night my husband and I went out for date night. Dinner, drinks and conversation. Nice. When we got home I felt like vomiting. I'm pretty sure it was the sauce that the veal was cooked in. This bout of sickness made my husband mad. Seems he couldn't get a little something. (it had been "like" five (5) days!) Things like that make him not so nice. Not violent or verbal abuse, just not nice. When we got to bed he rattled off the following:

1. I am a slug
2. I don't do anything with the children (see #1)
3. I don't go to church, people think he's divorced, it's a very bad example for the children.

Ok so lets look at the above.

1. slug. Yes I will agree. I've had a bout of depression. I have no job, no income, we are broke and I have absolutely no time to myself. My father (who I love dearly) is here from 7:30 in the morning to 4:30 in the evening watching tv, reading the paper or laying on my couch. I on the other hand am either on the PC (job searching) watching tv in the basement, cleaning, doing wash or moving furniture around because I don't want to watch CNN, FOX or MSNBC. At night (after making dinner...never mac & cheese or sandwhiches) I want to watch MY TV shows. Sorry!

2. Ummm, who takes our daughter to swim team practice 3x a week? Who goes to her meets? Who takes mother/daughter days? Who plays games with them? Who takes Tommy to baseball? Who is with David 24/7? Yes my husband is a Scout den leader so he does a lot more with T. He does the homework with the kids. (I do not get new math!) Yes he takes them on a 2 hour hike maybe 1x a month (i've been on those hikes) Fuck you.

3. Catholic church? I am not devout like my husband. I have some serious issues with the pedophilia scandal. Did you know the Vatican knew about this problem in the early 50's? Huh? They did NOTHING about it! Why the hell can't priests marry? They used to be able to. Our priest is BORING, old and ... well...I'd rather visit my OBGYN for that hour then pretend to listen to him. I do love the church. More for reflection and spirituality....not the stand up, sit down, kneel, repeat.

Well he got a little something the next morning and all is well. Such a simple man.

Now the little verbal talk has made me be less depressed or just woke me up from it. I've walked/run with the dog 3+ miles. (more than once mind you) Power walked on my own, finished tending the soil in the garden (with the compost I MADE...so much for slug) Created a small "grotto" among some tree/bushes for the children. (that took hours of saws, clippers and an axe just to get started!) I taught my youngest (4!) how to ride a two wheeler today (which involved a lot of running just to keep up) Actually that took 5 seconds. He just did it! Crazy.

Today I went for my power walk with the dog. My husband (in bed) asked me to bring him the paper. I told him that was awful slugish of him not to to be able to get the paper. He then asked for a bj. I told him that would be awful sluggish of me to do that when I would be much less of slug if I took the dog on a 3 mile jog.

I think he is regretting the slug comment. Funny, I'm not done using it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Men!!

I too react like that to very similar outbursts from my husband when he is in one of these childish sulky moods. But unfortunately it is just to spite him and as I furiously clean and be the best mum ever I am secretly wishing he would fall over and knock himself out on the corner of the table for a month!!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home