Monday, March 23, 2009

guilt

works wonders. So he fixed the toilet. Did that in under half an hour. Here I thought it was some big job, why hasn't he done it before? Oh well. Then he started to take the play set down. It, of course is half-way done. I don't have to worry about it sitting there for 2 years like the toilet because my husband has this thing about our yard looking like white trash. I honestly, deep down know that he hates my clothes lines (we have a corner lot so everyone can see it) He doesn't complain because he knows how much money we are saving. I just hope that he, for once in his life asks one of the neighbors for help moving that monstrasity. Yesterday I was helping him and that was a joke. I have a feeling I will be lugging 500lbs of swing set while he yells at me this weekend. I always do it wrong. That's what I don't get. Get one of the neighbors who he helps ALL THE TIME to do it. It's always me moving stuff that is 3x my weight.

He has this thing asking about NOT asking for help. It's totally f'd up. Even the neighbors have commented to me about it. I always hear "why didn't he call us?" Last summer the well went dry. He wanted ME to help him remove the pump, and put the new one in. I said .. screw that and secretly called up a neighbor, who brought another neighbor and another one joined later. It took them 5 hours to do the job. These weren't just any neighbors. One had done it the month before and the other two were plumbers. There was no way in hell I could of done what three large men were doing.

I love my husband (very, very much) but sometimes I think he is plain weird and too nice. I'm sure he thinks the same about me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Men always want to look like they can do everything. It's ridiculous. Blair never asks anyone for help yet always drops everything to go help out his buddies. Men schwmmmmenn

3:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I do goody bags. But I also make some for adults full of travel size bottles of booze and lotto tickets and chocolate. I am "that" mother.

Wiht my hubby gone for 2 weeks there has been more done around the house now than when he's here. he's a procrastinator.

8:11 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I blame in on the water :)

The bathing suit and goody bag stories are hilarious.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home