Monday, March 16, 2009

The economy is in the tank and I seriously think we are in the early stages of a depression. I say this because the "experts" said we weren't in a recession last year and we were. I've applied to so many jobs I've lost count. I can't even get an interview for jobs that were written just for me. I just found out that two peers were let go from jobs they had over 20 years. Both men are the breadwinner and their wives have never worked outside the home since having children. They will never make the same money they were making either (actually they were making too much money for what they did) I count my blessings though because my husband still has his job.

Today I went to Walmart (my new favorite store) and bought iron-on patches for my boys' jeans. A $2.39 pack of patches is must cheaper than five (5) new pairs of levi's. I'm just hoping that the oldest (8) doesn't get teased. Actually the patches look quite cute.

Now my garden is going to be twice as large as was orginally planned. Since I am unemployed I have lots of free time to plan and cultivate it. I also have more time to cook natural meals. Tonight we are having homemade cheese and broccoli soup, bread and salad. It was super cheap and tastes much better than that canned crap that has about 40 different chemicals in it. I am going to try to bake (which I suck at) a homemade cake for my daughter's birthday this week. I made homemade icing a few weeks ago and it was a mess. This time I'm going with an old fashioned tried and true recipie. If it looks half decent I will post a picture. Hell if it looks crappy I will post a picture so I can laugh at my pathetic baking skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home