Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I finished applying for unemployment. Now it's a wait and see. I think my former employer will deny my claim. (even though they told others that they won't) I have 21 days to find out if there will be a hearing. I will be bringing a lawyer to the hearing if there is one. Thankfully my husband knows lots of lawyers and police officers. The wording of my termination letter is why I think they will deny me benefits. Though, there is nothing in writing to back that up. I seem to be very pessimistic lately. I blame CNN.

I saved $8 today at walmart and $16 last week at our local grocery store. I'm huge into store brands and coupons now. I think others are also. I went to buy a coupon holder and there were only two (2) left. Consumer reports has an awesome article on how to save at the grocery store. I highly reccomend it.

At what age can I stop doing Easter baskets? This year it's going to be an Easter bag if I can't locate the baskets. (somewhere in the basement) Candy wise it's a hollow bunny, jelly beans and marshmellow eggs. I'm putting an unfinished birdhouse in each basket with paint, brushes and also a small lego set for the boys and an anklet for my daughter. I am really done with candy in the house.

My children aren't quite getting that our money situation has changed drastically. We had kids over during the week and they were passing out juice boxes and snacks like it was nothing. Actually one child reached high up to get to our snacks. Her mom claims she eats super healthy and doesn't understand why she is overweight. The fault might lie in our house. Last time she slept over she ate all the chocolate chip pancakes because she was the guest. She poured herself a very large glass of apple juice also. More than my children drink in a day. The motorized scooter her parents bought doesn't help with weight loss either. I'm keeping my mouth shut on the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home