Friday, October 16, 2009

Life

I am unemployed. I have a lot of time on my hands and no money. That's my life. In my free time I volunteer, work-out, move furniture, move large carpets, stare at the walls in my den and think of what I can hang on the 1970's wood paneling to hide the 1970's paneling. For your information my husband has an obsession with having 1970's wood paneling. He wears lots of plaid and wrangler jeans too. He has issues with dorkitude.

My new obsession is creating a craft area in the basement playroom. This area will house all the crap we can never find in the house. Otherwise known as the crap that is in every room in our house (even the bathroom) Things like; tape, scissors, paper, crayons, markers, pencils, pens, hole punchers, string, beads, post-it's, etc. By the way...i'm not crafty. I just want to be able to not answer the following questions:
1. where is the tape
2. where are the scissors
3. where are the crayons........................... I think you get my drift. Usually I say things like "go in the dining room and look under the boyscout manual, which is under so-and so's permission slip, under the ream of paper the school sent home because I'm suppose to have time to read it, but never will"

I wish my husband would help with my project. I refuse to nag him. It's easier just to do it. Less fights too. He doesn't see my vision. I can't say I blame him. I don't have a clear vision. I think he wants me to get a full-time job (for much needed money) and so I stop rearranging furniture all the time. Even my kids think I'm a bit of a wack job. I think the latter is in the mom job description manual. I'm all about the rules.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, we have a craft area, and stuff still ends up all over.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home