Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The biggest of them all

I love my father. I really do. He is great to us. He sits our children for free, watched our children when I was working part-time, then full-time, cuts our grass and is always trying to fix things with caulk. He is great and I don't know how I would of done it without him.

Thing is ...... he is at our home every, singe day. Every. Single. Day. Why? The children are all in school and I am unemployed. I am never in our house alone. Never. Ever. Him being here every, single day is my biggest bitch. I just want one day in this house by myself. To do what? I don't know, watch bad T.V., clean, pick my nose I just want to sit in the den and do something, nothing, whatever. At this point every thing pisses me off. He wears his hiking boots and dirties up my floor. If he isn't wearing them he's walking bare foot in my house. (seriously he can't win) He sits in our den and watches MSNBC until the kids come home. (you see why I'm depressed)

He thinks the internet is a magical being where I can find all pieces of weird information. I had to search for the size of his polyp in his colon and find how rare that size was. All I could find were medical journals that made no sense.

When I come home from working out, or volunteering I usually can learn: some obscure story that was in the NYTimes, what some idiot politician said on MSNBC, that "you people" (me and joe) have not bought, are out of or misplaced, his latest bill for surgery and what medicaid/medicare has paid out for said surgery.

He is in the den right now reading the paper and watching MSNBC. Did you know that we can't watch TV in this house on Sundays? He tapes every political talk show known to man. With a DVR you can tape two shows at a time, but you must watch one of them. We have been yelled at for watching tv on a Sunday. God forbid he missed something on Meet the Press.

He gets really upset when the mailman is late. He use to open our mail (by mistake he claims). I don't have our mail sent to our home anymore. It's all online.

He will sit here until the kids get off the bus. Then he will leave. If Joe takes the all the children on a hike or to play in the creek with the dog my dad will be here within 5 minutes of leaving. In all honesty I asked my husband if I was on suicide watch. (this is when I lost my job and was extremely upset) None of this pisses Joe off. Joe is cool. Speaking of Joe, once my father left (it was Saturday afternoon) so we decided to have a bit of "afternoon delight". Thank God we were not loud. (at least I don't think we were) We were almost finished and I heard someone downstairs. Yep, you guessed it...my dad. He drove to the bank, because the mailman was late.

Fucking mailman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home