Wednesday, September 23, 2009

yeah, it's serious

when you google "can you exercise with a head cold" and "is exercise good for you when you have a cold". I learned that as long as there is no fever and the cold is above the neck go for it. So I did. Upper body weight training and fat burning on the eliptical machine. The latter is hard because I want to push myself into a heaving breathing frenzy. I can't do that and keep my heartrate around 120. I feel like a loser on the machine. Usually after 30 minutes I go to the treadmill and do 10 minutes of 8:34 sprints and 15 min rest/walks. Today my heart wasn't into it because I don't think the gym approves of hacking coughs and lugies.

2 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

Just curious, but why do you want to keep your heart rate to 120 on the elliptical? Is it the head cold?

9:03 AM  
Blogger m said...

I want to stay in fat-burning mode. As long as you can talk during a work-out and not be out of breath you are burning fat not muscle. When I was/am running i'm in cardio mode and I'm burning my muscles along with the fat. You don't see too many muscular runners out there, they are always lean. I'm trying to build up muscle, and lose fat. I don't want to look like a weight lifter either. I have fat arms. They piss me off.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home