Sunday, January 24, 2010

pauper living

Even though J and I are making good money (better money than we have ever made in the past) We are still living like it was 2009. Rather than buy new things I look for what we already have. Take for example, window treatments (curtains). The ones in our living room, went to the dining room and then I took the ones we had in our bedroom and moved them to the living room. I could afford to buy some nice ones (say at Pottery Barn or most likely Walmart), but why waste the money. I keep waiting for the ball to drop around here. Life can't be this good. I'm too used to struggling.

I still buy store brand rather than name brand. With the exception of the following; mayonaise, peanut butter, and yogurt. Even when we were struggling I would never buy store brand mayonaise. J would, but that shit doesn't fly. On my last shopping trip I bought Ponds cold cream. I had been using the cheapo brand for over a year. And, no it isn't the same thing, I checked. Washing my face in 10x more enjoyable now. Dove and crappy cold cream aren't the same as a good layer of Ponds. Mmmmm.

I had to go back to nice toilet paper in 2009. My father had a problem with the crappy, cheap brand. Though, honestly I think there was nothing else to bitch about that week, so toilet paper it was. I met him in the middle on that one.

I did treat myself to a haircut and color in 2009 (after I got the job) I get my haircut 2x a year so the color was more the treat. I must admit, it was worth it. She used two bottles of color and my hair looks awesome. Will I keep it up? I can't answer that. I should because that probably equals the yearly hunting expenses this family spends. I do have five ducks, and one goose in my freezer. I've never seen J eat his game. He must do it when I'm not around or worse, I am eating it and don't know it. Nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home