Thursday, January 07, 2010

That mom

A dingbat. Definition: A weird thing, person or situation, a person considered stupid or foolish.

Yes sir that is me! Today I sent my 5 year old kindergartner in for pajamma day. It was scheduled for before Christmas Break, but you know what happens when your state has 2' of snow on a Saturday night. Yes, they have to cancel school the following Mon - Wed. The roads were quite clear those days, but hey, that's our school district. Anyhow....

I get an email Monday saying pajamma day was re-scheduled for Thursday. My fifth grader's PJ day was the same day. So, I make my son put on his "nice" pajamma's that night (with clean underwear). The next morning I put his sneakers on while he is still sleeping and go to work. (My father gets them on the bus) I come home and David informs me it wasn't pajamma day. What? Of course it was. It said Thursday! I recheck the email .... Thursday, January 21st. Why are you sending the email 2 weeks ahead of time? I don't plan that far in advance. Geez. David also informs me that his pants were wet this same morning, but they dried before school. Great. He smelled like pee too.

Earlier this year, all the kindergarten parents went to school to take a reading program. I've done the program before with my daughter. I've been there and done that. My husband didn't want to go (again, been there, done that, why do it again) So I get to the school and there are all these kids there. I thought it was the school's day care. I see David's teacher and asked "should I of brought David?" She looks at me (as one would look at a dingbat) and says "uh, yes". "oh, well he's passed out at home" I say. Which is the God's honest truth. Soooo, what the hell, I'm there might as well stay. We do a talk and exercise in the gym, with no children (geez, it is the same stupid program!) and then go off into the classrooms (WITH OUR CHILDREN) I get to the classroom first, because I have no child (remember he's passed out at home) I tell the teacher (in a funny ha-ha way) "Hi, I forgot my son" She looks at me (like one would look at a dingbat) and says "I Heard". Yes the idiot mom is here. Needless to say I snuck out and went home.

This year we (no, my husband) lost David's school folder. The one with all those word wall words, in it. The teacher took a LOT of time putting that together. I searched everywhere for it. Finally had to admit I lost it. She made a new one. I'm sure I was the talk of the teacher's lounge. A month later I found the folder in the telephone book drawer UNDER the telephone book. I'm lucky I found it, because I never use the phone book. Who does? My husband, in one of his Marine Corp clean-ups put it there. Why? Because that is where school folder belongs. UNDER the phone book.

Let me tell you. You would never find the Cabela's (all hunting stuff) catolog in the phone book drawer. Noooo. That book is either in the bathroom, my bedroom dresser (not his!) the kitchen, den, dining or living room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home