Saturday, January 09, 2010

eh

I was going to post about fleas, frontline and flea bombs (IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER) but all you have to know is; we were infested, it's expensive and I've set one off.

I'm going through a parnoid stage about getting fired from my new job. I've asked my boss if he's happy with my performance so far. He said "yes". I'm over analyzing everything. I gave him a folder with all the taxes I computed and my view on giving 1099's to corporations and LLC's. He had a meeting with the CPA the next day (on this issue of 401K wording) and I haven't gotton the yellow folder back. Did I do something wrong? I haven't decorated my office with anything with the exception of three pictures (kids and dog). He emailed me the other day with the question "what is the max deferral?". I don't fucking know. I don't do corporate taxes or really know personal tax law. I told them that in the beginning. Hell, Turbo Tax is my friend.

I don't just do accounting. I'm the human resource manager also. The latter really doesn't interest me. Hence, the max deferral on 401k. The accounting was a mess when I got there. The original girl (who was good) just kind of quit doing much work. The books hadn't been "closed" since July. She seemed to butt heads with everyone. They ended up letting her go because she didn't want to be there FT. Though she wanted to be paid as a FTimer. In her emails she kept quoting Exempt laws.

The girl that beat out on the first interviews was paid 8k more than me (didn't have a college degree either) was there 4 days and fell down the stairs at home. Something about a cerebral hemotoma. Though none of the doctor's notes said that. She took off the next two weeks, then had to go back to the hospital because of an allergic reaction to Naproxen. (yeah right). They fired her and hired me. She was a piece of work. They had to pack up a big box of all her shit (hence, me having no shit in the office) She claimed she worked 26 hours from home (again, "yeah right"). She wanted a check when she came in because that is what our state labor laws say. I love how people know the laws so well. The boss gave me the wrong hours and her check was cut "short". She threw a fit and said "the labor laws.......blah, blah, blah her husband did the same thing. The boss was off. Payroll had been processed. Within the hour of her leaving (she tried to take the office keys, bank statements and roledex back - she had them at home - from my assistant b/c we didn't pay her the extra $179 net. My assistant said "no" and grabbed the company's property back. Within the hour the State Labor board called us about the law!!!! Seriously. When has any state agency worked that well. They just wanted us to give the bitch a check so they didn't have to open a case.

So, I've cleaned up most of the accounting issues. Paid past due state taxes. Organized the office so anyone can find anything (it seemed to have a secret organization system in place) and have put out little fires everywhere.

I blame my last job. They really pulled a number on me. My confidence is in the toilet. Even though I know I'm capable of anything, they fucked me up.

That is why I'm not bringing anything into the office that would fit in a box. My work life fit's in a legal sized envelope.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home