Thursday, September 20, 2007

Holy shin!

My shins are killing me! I googled shin splints. They are caused by any one or more of the following: overworn sneakers, not stretching, poor running, pronation, hill training, speedwork, blah, blah, blah. With the exception of stretching the rest are all me. My last two runs I added hill workouts in and did speed work (ok one sprint) up the hill. I'm so cool.

Did I mention on my very last hill run on Monday I saw a pile of dead leaves and realizing I was going to need new sneakers I was going to run through it? Thank God I looked down before smaking that pile. Some sort of black, flattened, rotted animal (fox?) completely intact. Gross!

I power walked last night and decided that power walking is a lot harder than running. We had to run across a road and it was like "ahhh rest time". I stretch more after I walk than I do after a run. Walking takes more muscle energy than running. Running to me takes more lung energy. Maybe I'm running wrong for walking to seem so hard.

I desperately need new shoes.

I will not be running again until I purchase new shoes. I'm not going to take the chance of seriously messing up my legs.

update: (b/c I thought I posted this) Got new shoes. Still Brooks. Did dress part of the part. No hat and no wicky wear. I felt more comfortable in the store. I think it's in my mind. Me comfortable = people more comfortable. I'm still taking another day off from running though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooks, huh? I wear Saucony, and I'm not really happy. I overpronate, but have flat arches. It makes all sorts of a mess....

4:51 PM  
Blogger m said...

Angela,

Brooks are the ugliest sneakers ever! My friend got them and I thought she bought them at kmart. Honestly....for me it's like running on air. (for about a month)

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home