Friday, August 22, 2008

Who?

I rarely link posts to other blogs. For that matter I rarely link anything. I figure if you are interested you'll just google it. I'm lazy that way.

I have to link this post.

It really hit a nerve with me. Like her I'm still learning about myself and what I want to be and do with my life. Five minutes before reading the post I decided that I will never be Martha Stewart or that sweet perfect mother. I could try (and I have) but it's not me. I'm not perfect and I don't think I want to be. If I were I would never learn. I have learned a lot in the past 10 years (and the 30 before that) My life experiences, faults, virtues made me who I am today. I know what I can achieve and what I can't. Or should I say what I won't achieve. I can do whatever I set my mind to. There are things I don't want to do. (e.g. make 20 different types of cookies at Christmas time, run a marathon etc...)

I could go on, but jump over to momo and check it out. I hope it brings perspective to your day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Black Knight said...

A very interesting post to think a little bit more about our life.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I haven't gone to the link yet but I will, which is rare for me, I don't often link to links.

I used to fret constantly about the bad aspects of my mothering but I have started to accept that there are a million aspects that are good and they are the ones to focus on.

I have a best mate who is wise as hell and she can often give her kids an earful and she said to me one day "they may as well get used to my personality and learn not to take it to heart, it's just me". So true.

2:08 AM  
Blogger momo said...

hey, m. i can't tell you how glad it makes me that my post spoke to you. its funny, sometimes we think we're posting just for ourselves but in reality - so many others benefit.

perhaps its the almost forty thing, perhaps its just what happens when you start examining your life - regardless, its been a pretty interesting couple of months. and you know, being perfect is overrated. seriously. what would have to aspire to if we were already perfect... ;-)

hugs!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home