Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Before and Afters (the frugal way)

This is a truck that we got for $1 from my brother-in-law a few years ago. The truck is not registered, insured and at the present time it doesn't even run. As you can see it never made it down to the Christmas Tree recycle center. I read in article that pine needles are good for acidic loving plants. I'm all about helping the earth without chemicals. Once the green pine needles were cut and put around my plants I was left only with the xmas tree (most of that was pine branches that fell off in a storm)


Now that truck. I hate it. I'm looking to sell it for $100+. I would like $500 but at this point I just want it off our property. Nothing screams "redneck" like a broken down Ford truck that hasn't moved in close to 2 years. Thankfully we don't have any blocks to put it on and my husband has this thing about a nice yard so it stays in the driveway. Whew.

This is an OLD, rusted out milk container.


Behold! The wonders of spray paint, a left over plastic serving dish someone left at my house and a little imagination.


It's a bird bath!
Cost for above. $2.19 for blue paint. $5 for those marbles and starfish at the craft store. All the rest was recycling and me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you should paint the truck, too. turn it into a planter.

10:36 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Very nice bird bath. I'd dismantle the truck, find new uses for the parts, and I'm sure you'd get more than $100 for them.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home