Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ha. This past winter a neighbor child told my daughter swimming wasn't a real sport, blah, blah, blah . This child (we will call her H) beat her last year by usually 3 seconds. H is a "super" athlete. H is a great soccer player, very fast runner, whatever sport she is in she excels. H's mother told me last year "I feel sorry for you and Julia because H is better than her in swimming. Julia winter swims and this is H's first time on the swim team." That made me mad. Not that H could beat Julia. That a certain mother was having a pity party (a gleefull one) for me and my daughter. (side note: The mother has ISSUES! I can't even begin to describe them here. For background she is a very depressed person who is miserable at all times..though you'd never know it from meeting her) Anyhow, I digress. Last night at time trials my daughter beat H everytime. With the exception of breaststroke, in which H got DQ'd on her kick. H is very competitive. I'm sure it killed her and her mother that little julia is a better swimmer.

Tommy. Tommy hates swimming. Tommy kicked ass in his age group. Granted, he is at the top of it, but he impressed me.

David. Swam better than I thought possible. A lot of rope hanging near the end of the freestyle heat. Backstroke, well he almost drowned. I think it took him 1.55 to do a lap of backstroke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home