Thursday, May 07, 2009

Gee

I haven't posted in awhile. I've been very busy. Gardening and creating landscaping is my passion right now. I have come to realize that "they" are correct. Gardening and doing something for the Earth truly lifts your soul and spirits. I think I will have before and after pics coming soon. Right now we are in day 9 of straight rain. I've been out there in the rain because I can't stop. I actually bought gardening boots because old running shoes just were not cutting it.

I am AGAIN decluttering and cleaning closets. No more donating to consignment shops. I give directly to charity. Usually I drop off the clothes at my son's school for the poor people in the area. The other day I went to Goodwill to find a Holy Communion blazer (a simple blue blazer) for my son. Every store in our state was sold out of them. Needless to say they didn't have any, but I picked out 2 tops and 2 skirts for myself. For the good fortune I had I made a large trashbag donation of gently used goods. When I got home I got together two more trash bags of used goods (Ann Taylor suits, Liz Claiborne, London Fog, Gap etc) My husband did not want me to take the clothes to Goodwill, The Salvation Army or the Methodist school. (usually I rotate between charities) He said he would take them to the Catholic Church in the city. He says this alot. Usually the bags of clothes sit in various rooms, closets, autos and end up in the garage where the passing through mouse makes a home and babies in them. He promised me the clothes would be gone today. Of course they are sitting in the foyer. I'm not getting why said clothes have to go to the Catholic church. He claims this will get us an "in" in case we need to send the children to Catholic school. The priest at St. Patrick's will tell the dean what good people we are because we donate clothes. Seriously?! WTF? I think my husband's time doing good works for this church is better than the donating of clothes.

Still looking for work. A Snap Fitness 24/7 opened up 2 miles away. I might join. It's cheap and I need some machine work on my upper body and stomach.

All in all feeling quite groovy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Decaf jen too lazy to sign in said...

Glad to have you back! Are there women's shelters that you can donate too? That's where all my stuff goes.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home