Sunday, January 24, 2010

letter to my husband

I really feel like a broken record, but would you please STOP taking the nice liquor I buy for guests and treating your poker buddies to it? Yes, yes I don't drink much liquor, but there are times (rare) when I want a stiff one. And no, not your stiff one.

The neighborhood drunk basically finished off my WHOLE bottle of Tanqueray Gin (Rangpur). Yeah, not good. You thought it was ha, ha funny. I did not. The Absolute vodka is gone, and the fancy rum has maybe a 1/4 cup left. Let me tell you something here. I suggest you buy the stuff in the PLASTIC bottles for them. I think Gimbly's makes a decent Vodka. Better yet, take the plastic version and pour it in the Absolute bottle. Those guys wouldn't know the difference. No more of the $30+ bottle of the good stuff. Don't think I'm not onto you when you sneak the bottle back up here either. The Bombay Gin is halfway gone. Yes, it is expensive, but in all honesty tastes crappy. That doesn't mean I want those guys drinking it. I'll make a mixed martini or something with it.

Well now I know why poker night is so packed over here. Maybe I should start playing poker so I can drink the good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

take the nice bottles out of the trash, buy the crappy stuff, pour it into the nice bottles and then keep YOUR nice bottles hidden. ;-)

4:16 PM  
Blogger neca said...

What momo said. Maybe in the trunk of your car????? :-)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home