Friday, July 22, 2005

HOT!

146.4. HA! 1.6 more to go. Not to shabby.

Dammit it is so hot! Didn't get off for a morning run:( Well I'll get the run tomorrow morning (if it's not raining----ARGH!!!) This weather is horrible. My first comment on my blog!!! Yes I would love to have a treadmill. Several problems with that idea.

Placement - only two places to put it...the bedroom (ends up being a hanger) and the kids playroom (ends up flinging them across the room or somehow cutting a finger off, or poking an eye out...don't ask me how, but they will figure a way to do it and we'll be at the hospital)

Husband - he'll get all pissy about it. I can see it now--"what do I get? I want a new gun, you have a health club membership, lets go to Cabela's, I want a new fishing rod, 20 aren't enough," blah, blah, blah. Actually he is so supportive of all this. Even watches my running partner's kid while we pound the pavement.

Voyourism - The kids will watch me, the hubby will watch me and I'll get pissed off. I can stop the kids watching me, but I can just see dh sitting there w/smart comments. Actually it will probably get old for all of them....I don't see myself sticking with it. One thing with the gym or outside, I'm away from everything and I can concentrate on me. Also the treadmill is not real running. I love doing it at the gym, but actually running on pavement is harder and .... I don't know, gets you that high. An idea i've really thought out before.

Read an article today about this lady that decided to quit smoking, started walking, running and has just finished running a marathon in every state. Nice goal...she started in Hawaii. I might have to copy that.

Ah well, party at my house tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home