Monday, July 25, 2005

Weight Watchers

This weekend I ran into people who started Weight Watchers with me or on their own about the same time I started. Girl #1 quit and was heavier than ever, Girl #2 doesn't look like she has lost any weight and the girl who did it on her own is again heavier than ever. Girl #3 commented on how good I looked and said she lost 3lbs last week from moving b/c she hasn't eaten much. I feel like screaming "your gonna double your pounds in the next couple weeks". I've been there (this is my third attempt to lose weight) and finally I am so motivated I'm sticking with it. I believe the exercise is the key for me.

On a bad note....I found this blog (which I should link to this one) in which the chick smokes like me. Well she posted this study which basically says I have 5x greater risk of a heart attack from running than a non-smoker. Fuck! The more you smoke the greater the risk. Double Fuck. I knew I had a greater risk, but now it's in writing. I need to quit! Where do I start? Mentally i'm close, but not ready. I think I'm going to start my non-smoking thingy tomorrow. Cut down first. No smokes in the car. Period. That's it. One week of that....get the habit out of the way. Shit, my heart feels funny now. I'm paranoid.....dammit, shit, crap....it is so fricken hot here! I hate this weather......gotta turn on the AC before I melt....

Ok, I'm back. My running partner just called. We aren't going. First it's to fuckin hot, and with my smoking and her high blood pressure we figured it was better to take a day off. Her husband and my husband have real problems with us running in this weather. We went Saturday & Sunday so I guess missing our normal Monday is OK.

Went to Costco instead. Love that store. Of course on the way back I see two runners and about five walkers. I was then itching to go, but instead sat on my ass and watched the Simpsons. Just like this time last year.

Gym tomorrow. Actually the weather is going to be worse Tuesday than it was today. I'm gonna double work my muscles for missing today. The baby likes to grab my rolls....maybe this time next year there won't be rolls or stinking clothes.

3 Comments:

Blogger m said...

Thanks Mr. Brewsmith. I'm starting to cut back today. I'm not ready to completley quit yet. Next week I'm going to cut out another smoke habit. I have to get my mind ready for this. I have a feeling this is going to be 100x as hard as dropping weight.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... avis car rental http://www.dirty-stories.info Nimnicht chevrolet hummer Family reunion t shirt design Betting in hold em

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home